Staying safe in the sun with Superdrug….
Staying safe in the sun is always at the forefront of parents’ minds when they go on their holibobs… the repetitive task of shifting laundry from room to room is replaced by the chasing of little people armed with sun tan lotions & hats.
Whilst we were glamping with Superdrug at the beautiful Berridon Farm I learnt a few things about their love of summer, their desire to take care of families & their dedication to their own brand products being 100% Vegan & cruelty free. First off, the internationally recognised leaping bunny symbol guaranteeing customers that no animal tests were carried out in the development of a product is on ALL of Superdrug’s own toiletry, beauty and suncare products. That’s a great start before we go anywhere else – it makes it really easy when you go shopping if you know that everything by a particular brand is 100% vegan & cruelty free.
Everything in their SOLAIT sun range offers 5* with advanced UVA/UVB protection. Their lotions are water resistant and offer 8 hour hydration. They also have specific formulations especially for children, and importantly they offer the range in the spray on bottles & roll-ons too, which are notably easier to apply on chubby little thighs than the squeezy bottles.
It’s also great value for money… With the SOLAIT range coming in at £4.49 for 200ml it’s cheaper than a lot of its competitors… no bad thing if you are packing a big family up for some fun in the sun. And whether you are looking for your bog standard high SPF that squeezes out of a bottle, to a self -tanning moose that also protects, their range of sun care is impressive, with over 60 different product options in the SOLAIT range.
So what do Superdrug want us to know about sun safety?
- UVA solar rays are long-waves that penetrate the skin deeply, even on an overcast day. UVA rays are considered to be the biggest cause of skin ageing. UVB are short-wave rays that are generally thought to cause skin cancer.
- The paler your natural skin tone, the higher the SPF protection you will require to prevent sunburn, skin aging & the long-term development of skin cancer.
- Whilst the sun’s rays are strongest in tropical countries, it is important to remember that UV radiation increases with altitude, therefore sun protection when on a skiing or winter holiday is important.
- Sun protection is not just for when you are abroad… our weather at the moment is proof of that!
- The sun’s rays are at their strongest between 11am and 3pm and babies should be kept in the shade to protect them.
- Don’t forget to apply suntan lotion generously to the backs of necks and ears… common spots often forgotten leading to painful burnt spots. Or your lips… SOLAIT offer a lip protector balm with SPF 30 specially formulated to protect against ageing and burning.
- Never be caught unaware… SOLAIT offer convenient little pouches that can be shoved in handbags providing more than enough coverage for some unexpected sun.
Also… if you are on the look-out for a new makeup brand that is cheap as chips, still good quality & 100% Vegan and cruelty free, then B. is most definitely worth a go! This range features everything from lipsticks to foundations, make up setting sprays to contour sticks and an equally impressive range of skin care.