I think it’s fair to say that holidays change somewhat when you become a parent.
You find yourself wondering less about the variety of beach side cocktails and more about the opening times of the mini club.
For the first couple of years after Bella arrived she simply holidayed with us. We went on our merry way to wherever we were headed, and just packed a little person and lots of baby paraphernalia also.
Our holiday prerequisites have since changed. Swimming pool slides, adventure playgrounds, people dressed as life sized parrots and opportunities for family renditions of the hokey cokey are all ‘essentials’ on the holiday checklist nowadays.
Ladram Bay, situated on the coast of Devon overlooking the Jurassic Coast offers all of this and more.
Every year Nanny & Grandad book a beautiful front row caravan complete with the most stunning views across the sea.
They invite us along to spend quality family time together, and every year we leave with brilliant memories, full bellies and happy hearts.
Not much will make me happier than watching the man I love enthusiastically dance the funky chicken with his adoring little girl in a bid to win points. In my opinion, this is family fun at its finest.
Some of these pictures are from 2014 and some of them are from this year.
Hopefully, in the years to come I’ll get many more pictures of our little family enjoying Ladram Bay and all the family fun that it has to offer.
Here are some (by no means all) of the highlights of the holiday park:
- The pool, which has just been refurbished. It is spotlessly clean, warm and has a great little café.
- The new Jurassic themed adventure golf… a staple ingredient for any good holiday park
- Pebbles Restaurant. We all enjoyed our food, the staff were lovely and Bella was especially impressed with the Ladram Bay sharer for her dessert!
- The adventure playground complete with slides and climbing frames.
- The arcade with air football machines, ride on machines, coin drops, fruit machines, tekken and poker games, driving games, pick’em up games and test your strength machines
- The indoor soft play area for children under 12 including slides, ramps, bumps, lumps and bridges all leading the way to the hidden treasure. There is also an area for under 5’s with shapes and puzzles.
- The beach – beautiful, private and a little haven for rock pooling and skimming stones. You can hire kayaks, rowing or motor boats as well.
- And, one of our personal highlights, the green coats who were simply BRILLIANT! Soooo enthusiastic, so much fun and genuinely some of the best holiday reps we have come across. The effort these guys put in, is terrific. Never is Bella happier then when she receives a certificate for some incredible achievement such as humming for a long time 🙂
There is so much to do on the site, but if you wanted to get out and about here are some of the attractions in the area…
- Crealy Great Adventure Park www.crealy.co.uk
- World of Country Life www.worldofcountrylife.co.uk
- Woodlands www.woodlandspark.com
- Stuart Line Cruises www.stuartlinecruises.co.uk
- Bicton Park Botanical Gardens www.bictongardens.co.uk
- Exeter Underground Passages www.exeter.gov.uk/passages
- Exeter Cathedral www.exeter-cathedral.org.uk
- Exeter Football www.exetercityfc.co.uk
- Exeter Rugby www.exeterchiefs.co.uk
- Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary www.thedonkeysanctuary.org.uk
- Becky Falls www.beckyfalls.com
- Canonteign Falls www.canonteignfalls.com
- Miniature Pony Centre www.miniatureponycentre.com
- River Dart www.riverdart.co.uk
- Lyme Regis Fossil Collecting www.lymeregis.ukfossils.co.uk
- Seaton Tramway www.tram.co.uk
- Diggerland www.diggerland.com
- Pecorama www.pecorama.info
- Escot www.escot-devon.co.uk
- Pennywell Farm www.pennywellfarm.co.uk
Holiday parks (and Ladram Bay being my favourite of them all) offer beautifully simple family fun.
Whether you visit holiday parks every year, or are yet to venture into this type of family holidaying I would highly recommend Ladram Bay as a great choice for a Devon break.
We have teamed up with Ladram bay to bring you an exclusive special offer. You can get a fantastic 20% off a family holiday starting either on the 29th or 30th August 2015. To read more about this special offer click here.
**This is a sponsored post but we were fans of Ladram Bay long before Country Mummy… I wouldn’t have included it if we didn’t love it 🙂